1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 lbs. chicken (your choice chicken breast, thighs, or tenders) cut into bite-size pieces
1 tbs. coconut oil
3 tbs. coconut aminos
2 tbs. rice wine vinegar
2 tbs. organic ketchup (tomato paste is an alternate option)
1/2-1 tbs. palm sugar
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1/4-1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 cup raw cashews
- Place arrowroot flour and black pepper in a large Ziploc bag. Add chicken pieces and seal; toss to thoroughly coat meat.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet or wok. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until lightly brown on all sides. Remove and add to Crock Pot.
- Mix coconut aminos, rice vinegar, organic ketchup, palm sugar, garlic clothes, fresh ginger, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Pour mixture over chicken and toss to coat.
- Put lid on crock pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Stir cashews into chicken and sauce before serving.