¼ cup butter
1/3 cup honey
4 large cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
2 ½ pound fillet of salmon
sea salt, to taste
cracked pepper to taste
Lemon slices (to serve)
2 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking tray with large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter low-medium heat. Add the honey, garlic and lemon, and whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined.
- Place the salmon onto the lined baking tray. Pour the butter/honey mixture over the salmon and using a spoon, spread evenly over the salmon. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packed closed so the butter doesn’t leak out.
- Bake until cooked through, 15-18 minutes, depending on the thickness and preference. Open the foil, being careful of any escaping steam, and brill/broil under the grill/broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelize the top.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon slices.